Friday, September 3, 2010

Too Pooped to Post. Too Old to Scroll.

Chuck Berry fans with facebook know that there's now The Real Chuck Berry Page on facebook.  It's pretty cool-- but I still haven't figured out these "social network" pages.  A few minutes ago I got a chat message from a friend in Italy.  I was trying to respond when the friend signed off.  This was a complicated situation.  First, I had to try to remember some Italian.  Then I had to try to figure out how to press "send" on facebook.  (Never did figure it out.)  I'm sure my 6 year old could do it, and I know my 19 and 16 year olds do it 23 hours a day-- but I never found the button.  I just dont understand most of it.  What's my wall? 

It was always just as bad on myspace.  I'd receive glittering greeting cards and fabulous videos and have no way to respond. 

Ah well-- you are doubtless more modern, more in tune, and you will like it.  See regular posts from the musicians who've helped Chuck Berry make his music over the years-- or at least all the younger, tech savvy ones.  See old videos (if your computer agrees that you have "flash player."  (Mine doesn't-- no matter how Ioften I successfully download it.)  And see your friends from www.chuckberry.com/forum.  A whole lot of them are on facebook.

We're still waiting for Iowa, though.  First in the presidential contests, but lagging behind on social networking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tulane, My 2 index fingers can hardly keep up as I "hunt and peck" away at the keyboard. Marilyn would probably scalp me for sure if I added Facebook to my routine!!! But then again for several years I thought people writing things on message boards and "chatting" was silly..... And a blog - I didn't even know what that was???......
Doug
CB Forum Id - Busseybootlegger

Peter said...

A blog? It's ANTI-social networking. Don't need any friends-- just hunt and peck and publish!

Anonymous said...

Please, Go Head On Tulane with your hunt and peck publishing - good stuff!!
Doug
CB Forum Id - Busseybootlegger