Saturday, December 12, 2009

I Wish I Could Interview Every Member of the Band


(Hint!  Hint!)  But since I might not get that opportunity I've got to share what I can find.  And since I don't want to get sideways with the authorities at the University of Missouri, all I can do is provide you a link to a cool little interview of Ingrid Berry Clay from 1983.  You'll find it at the bottom of the page after you click this LINK.

Some of the questions ("Do you know...?") are a little funny-- but she tells a great story about visiting the Apollo Theater in Harlem and going on stage with her dad, and another about him sometimes driving up to her house with his tools.  Nice stuff.  And somewhere in the collection, there's an interview of Billy Peek-- but I'm guessing you have to go to St. Louis to find that one.

No comments: