Monday, January 25, 2010

Why We Should Insist on Health Reform

When I googled Chuck Berry news this evening, I found stories about someone wonderful that I'd never heard of.  And they're throwing an old fashioned fund raiser for her because our people know how to take care of each other, even if our country can't manage to take care of its own.  Sheila Carlisle is a blues singer from North Carolina who, evidently, has worked with B.B. King, Lightnin' Hopkins, Gatemouth Brown, Delbert McClinton, Bo Diddley and Chuck Berry.  She's ill.  She's uninsured.  Former Muddy Waters' guitarist Bob Margolin is playing at the fundraiser.  (I think it was Margolin, in the biography of Muddy Waters, who is quoted giving one of the most profound remarks about greatness that I've ever read.  I've meant to quote it here someday.  I will soon.)  You can read about the benefit Here.  You can read more about Ms. Carlisle Here.  You can read about Margolin Here

Here's Sheila Carlisle doing a little Robert Johnson, Carlisle Style.  (Max Drake on slide guitar).

No comments: