Sunday, January 3, 2010

Amazing!

Someone showed me something cool.  A clipped up interview of Chuck Berry.  It's out there, but how to find it?  Consider it a pot of gold.

With one nugget.

Two, actually.

There is a beautiful remark about B. B. King.  I have to paraphrase (as always); When asked about B. B., Chuck says that he's never seen B. B. get angry or yell.  He says that it must mean B.B.'s got a happy life.  And he compares B.B.'s gentle personality to his friend Johnnie Johnson.

And that, I guess, is the bigger nugget-- the way he talks about Johnnie: "My best friend.  He still is and he always will be." 

Not that it surprises me.  You could see it in his eyes anytime they were together.  Despite Johnnie's funny line ("I don't know him any better than you do-- I've just known him longer") these two were obviously BFFs, personally and musically.

Anyway-- it's good stuff.  Probably should be easier to find!

No comments: