Sunday, April 17, 2011

Chuck Berry at Blueberry Hill 4-13-2011

Haven't listened yet, but based on Doug's review, I'm looking forward to it.

Ah!  And now I have.  What a beauty, and just as Doug described it on chuckberry.com.  First Chuck spends a long time with Bob Lohr.  (Bob-- the quarter tone is way too refined for the likes of me.  The solos sound great.)  One of the best things that's happened at BBH lately is the spindly little chair where Chuck can settle in, play, and rest his legs.  Then some great harmonica by Ingrid, a little back and forth with drummer Keith Robinson, and finally the wonderful interplay between Chuck and bassist Jimmy Marsala.  VERY nice clip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peter, you get a small sense of what happened with the video, but it was spectacular live......
Doug
CB Forum ID - Busseybootlegger

Peter said...

I can extrapolate. I don't know exactly what it means, but I can do it.